LNP Attorneys Inc. offers a cradle to grave Mine and Occupational Health and Safety (“MOHS”) department which assists clients across all sectors which requires health and safety advice. We offer clients holistic solutions stemming from inception of business operations, including assistance with risk management profiles and providing regulatory letters of appointment to representation of clients in both civil and criminal proceedings. The MOHS practitioners are well equipped to assist with a wide range of matters relating to the MOHS Act 1996, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (“OHS”), the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 1993, the Occupational Diseases in Mines and Works Act 1973, and the relevant regulations.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Regulatory advice and statutory compliance
- Preparation for and response to inspections by the Department of Mineral Resources and Department of Labour
- Health and safety audits and due diligence investigations
- Written representations, correspondence and submissions following impositions of administrative fines or compliance orders issued by the Mine Health and Safety Inspectorate of the Department of Mineral Resources
- Development and implementation of any necessary corrective actions
- Representation of clients at accident inquiry proceedings conducted by either the Department of Mineral Resources or the Department of Labour, in addition to representing clients at informal investigations, inquests and criminal prosecutions
- Opinions in relation to new developments
The MOHS team is accessible, efficient and responsive with the ability to effectively manage complex matters while appreciating the uniqueness and sensitivity matters of this nature deserve.